close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cj 7/31

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bmffishing247, Jul 31, 2007.

1. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

Hit CJ today from 7 till noon, not one dang ol walleye. I did manage 16 cats that ranged from 5-21". Was using a crawler. I think i'm going to start going out tues because it didn't even get too busy. Anyone else out this am? Anyone going out this pm, let us know about your trip. If you were out this am i was in the blue/silver phantom bass boat.

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

As bad as the fishing has been it wasn't even crowded when I was out on Saturday. Wife and daughter are gone again this weekend so I'll make it out there at least once but I'm not too hopeful.

See you out there.

MC

3. bmffishing247

Ya never know out there could be your record braking day ;) I was really shocked when i was out that I was the only one on the humps. That is very rare on CJ. A few pleasure boaters and a few fishing but not to bad of a day with some cats. At least it wasn't a skunk day! I might try and get out this weekend maybe I see ya and give ya a hollar.

4. :B I finally decided to give the eyes a shot last night after a 3 week break, due to lack of keeper fish. I don't know what I was waiting on! I ended the night with 8 total ---2 keepers 1 was my PB @ CJ 27 1/2 and weighed 7.5 lb.--:D what a fish! I always jig fish with a feather-lite Eagle Claw 5'0 pole which makes any decent fish a challange. The smaller fish is a 15 1/8

[​IMG]
    Shot with <Digimax D53>

[​IMG]
    Shot with <Digimax D53> at 2007-08-03

5. Nice fish, eyeguy. Your PB makes the other keeper look like a dink. That's a monster.

6. bmffishing247

well nice looking fish eye. man its nice to know they are still in there just have to get out there and hunt for them. were you using crawlers and what line you running on the 5' pole.

7. bmf, Yes they were caught using 6 lb.Trilene XT, 1/8 jig and crawler...The fish have moved out into the deeper water 18-21 ft. I have lost a few good fish this year, was just lucky to have a buddy with me that could help with the net!
    A 7 1/2 lber. is really begining to push the limit for the old feather-lite but, I'll keep using it till I get ahold of one that breaks it in half-(I have 2 spares)LOL

8. bmffishing247

Thats what ya got to do. Usem til they break, and wives want to know why we have so many. LOL Thanks for sharing that info. I'm going to try and see if i can't get out this weekend and maybe later in the evening and try the evening bite. Thanks again.

Time to get the ultra light out and go find some walleyes.