Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any news on how the fishing was on cj sunday, chose to pass on today with the tourn there and all the wind, drove over and wind wind. hope it dies down want to go in the morn. any word on the fishing would be appreciated, thanx

·
Registered
234 Posts
fish was great for some others like mself not so good on the eyes caught a lot of other fish . 17.86 was winning weight at tourny . was 2 limits weighed in . 10 teams with fish 7 teams 0 fish . cranks and worm harness the tiket .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is there a website for the tournament?

I was out there getting in the way of everyone! Caught one keeper on a worm harness.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well good for the tourney, was afariad with the wind be bad for them, heading out now on mon morn, thanx for the reports

·
walleyes and whitetails
384 Posts
the guy that won the tourny was using smily blades red,purple and redish purple, red beads and bottom bouncers. i fished right by him all day pulling crankbaits, he tore them up and pretty good fish too. i on the other hand caught one fish all day. it wouldnt matter if he had put his rigs on my line i cant seem to ever ever catch more than one fish per day in that lake. olwell i know one other team that did very well i didnt stay for the weigh in but they had to be up there and they were using berkley frenzies trolling 3.5 to 4 miles per hour. well probably told to much but good luck to all

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
reiner52 did you ever figure out how to get a pic of that monster smallmouth??

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i tried to send it to my e-mail and yahoo wont let me in it since i hadnt used it in a long time, i heard someone caught a 3 lber the other day,,havent seen a smallie ben catching some nice lm out there, went out mond morn but nothing, then the wind started ,, left, going out all nite fri nite before the crowds start, if ya see a 1990 red and white ford 250 thats me

·
walleyes and whitetails
384 Posts
that team always trolls fast and usually does very well. u really have to have ur lures in tune to go like that

G

·
Sorry everyone, I have been late wih my updates. I sit in front of a computer all day and now I am on vacation, the last thing I want to do is type on a computer. I did fish CJ for the last four days and had some fun with my brother-in-law and nephew from PA who doesnt see many walleye unless they comes here. The last four days were good for crappie as we jigged. Minnow worked best. Saturday was slow for walleye, some small ones. Sunday wasnt as much productive, but we did pick up some big cats trolling. Makes it a little fun. Monday and Tuesday were better as we fought the winds all day. Picked up several dinks and then a 26 in, 23, and a 19. Lost two at the boat and one more that cut the line. Caught several 10 inch or bigger crappie and kept those for supper. Caught six species trolling on Tuesday morning before lunch. LM Bass, white bass, crappie, cat, walleye, and perch. Trolling program worked best on walleye, Reef Runners and Rapalas. Orange and gold worked best. Thanks to the red Ranger boat for the tip! Trolling 10-12 feet down at 2.5-3.2 mph (Thats as slow as I can go without a kicker). I would really some help with jigging if some would like to ride along. I have a few days off next week and will be out again. I cant get a good walleye while jigging. Let me know if you can go (maybe wednesday). I am off to PA to try for some walleye ( any help on Pymatuning or Alegany reservoir would beappreciated). Cant get pictures to download.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts