Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 3 cisco tube rod holders, just add extra one. Wondering might be better off running cradle for number one setting for dipsey. This way run it closer to water.

·
Bass are for guys who can't catch Walleye
1,198 Posts
KPI I do the same thing. Switched to tubes back in 2006 and haven't looked back. I do NOT miss having rod handles sticking into the interior of the boat.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I lay my tube down in the track all the way to run a dipsy but that way when running big boards I stand it up if running small boards I run a tree from Cisco I like the tubes but each there own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have no problem of the rods falling out, when you make a turn.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I do not have a issue with losing rods when running dipsy’s !!!!Only time I lost a rod is when my buddy decided to put a bean bag in the gunnel and pulled the rod out no fault of the holder Lol just fault of my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Every one of my trolling rigs costs 300.00 i prefer the cradles, mainly because people i take fishing dont always know what they are doing and I dont want them getting a rod pulled out of their hand trying to put it in a tube, i use trees for boards and cradles for dipseys

·
retired pipefitter120/669 sprinkler fitter
1,499 Posts
I will take tubes over cradles any day, I have Cisco 4 tube rod holders for each side of my boat and never lost a rod. I must add that my boat is 8' wide inside so that in it's self gives me more room to fish. I am not saying tubes are what everyone should use to each his own.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was buying a triple gimbel rod holder for my fishing buddy this spring.Was undecided if I should get tubes or cradles,or a combination of them.I even talked to the president at Cisco,Dave Logan,he was really helpful.We decided on tubes since that what we had been using previously.I liked the ability of the cradles to be lowered past 90 degrees to get rod tip close to water.The con is the butt of rod sticks into boat.Last week on a buddy's boat had Cisco cradles.I inadvertently placed a rod incorrectly in a cradle when running cranks.That never happens with tubes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have had many options in my boats for over the years. My last boat I switched to cisco tubes. They WILL be coming with me when I sell this boat. They are just better. Super easy to adjust, rods don't stick into the cockpit the boat. Easy to move in upward position to put rod in holder to run to next spot.

·
Bass are for guys who can't catch Walleye
1,198 Posts
And they are made in Ohio! I have started paying a lot more attention to that recently. I am doing my very best to buy from the USA, and local vendors whenever possible.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I decided to stay with tubes since already have them. I bought a extra set early in the year, but then thought I, should of bought the cradle fot inside.
Thanks, all OGF members for your input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts