Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for 2 sets of 5 cisco rod holders. Where would I find the best buy at. I have seen some around $325 for one thats around 650 for the pair any sugestions.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Call craig at Erie Outfitters or Woody at cranberry Creek. Are you looking for singles doubles triples or quads? Never seen a 5 (quint)?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
5 place would be a custom job. Maybe Happy Days had a batch of 5 place holders made up. IF YOU GO WITH A 5 PLACE HOLDER I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO NOT GO WITH A GIMBAL MOUNT.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
10 cisco holders for 650 is a great price! Might want to call them aND BUY THEM VER THE PHONE BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE SEES THE PRICE YOU LISTED!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
10 cisco holders for 650 is a great price! Might want to call them aND BUY THEM VER THE PHONE BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE SEES THE PRICE YOU LISTED!
YES I AGREE WITH SCOTT ON THIS
You might want to confirm these are Cisco??? This is considerably less than dealer cost. Maybe it is a demo unit or something they just want to get rid of.

Steve

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
make sure they are cisco brand. a buddy of mine bought some there(happy days) but they were some brand i never heard of and i didnt much care for them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just talked to Happy days and they are not cisco's. They are called Craig rod holders made out of Penn. They could of fouled me. Sorry about the misinfo. If they hold up as well and the price is better I may just go ahead and try them. He said he would have to order them. Boatnut if you dont mind ask your friend if he likes them.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I just talked to Happy days and they are not cisco's. They are called Craig rod holders made out of Penn. They could of fouled me. Sorry about the misinfo. If they hold up as well and the price is better I may just go ahead and try them. He said he would have to order them. Boatnut if you dont mind ask your friend if he likes them.
ltdan,
well..he likes them...BUT...he just bought a boat and is somewhat new to trolling. I think he just went in there and saw them and said "i'll take 'em". The cisco's are a lot better IMHO if you can justify the cost difference. That said, the Craig's would certainly work and do the job. just depends on if ya wanna drive a chevy or a caddie :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just Googled "Craig rod holders" they're similar but they don't have the quick lock lever that Ciscos have. I love mine and would'nt have any others.

·
Bass are for guys who can't catch Walleye
1,194 Posts
Itdan, go with the Cisco's, they are a little spendy, but worth the extra money. Freebyrd set me up with 2-doubles and 2-triples set on gimbles and they simple slide in my rod holders and 1/4 turn and they are secure. I just moved them from my old boat to my new boat. I looked at some of the other alternatives out there and these simply are the best! I plan on keeping mine for a long time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for all the help. I think I have decided to go with the cisco's and drive the caddie. In the long run I think I will be much more pleased.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts