Cincy area

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by waterfowlwidowmaker, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Hey guys new here and to the sport. I have found my new passion in the off season of hunting. I live in the cincy area and was wondering if any one was in the area. I've been out 2 times on the river and shot 5 so far. I was wondering if any one could give me some pointers on the best ways of doing it. Like what kind of areas to look for ect. And what type of gear to throw in the boat besides a bow. Well I plan on giving it another try Sunday, if I recover from the race allright. So if any one could help a newb or wouldnt mind teaching someone how its done let me know. Thanks and good luck to all

2. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Theres a few of us that bowfish the Ohio river in that area but we mainly go at night. Mosta our best shooting is when the main river channel is at normal pool and fairly clear. The other time we do well is when the river is on the rise or nearly crested. Falling water usually means fewer fish.
    Ya may wanna check out East Fork. I've heard theres a bunch of carp up eating the Cicadas right now.