close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cincinnati WEBN / riverfest fireworks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Steel Cranium, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Haven't been down there for a few years for the fireworks. Still worth a weekend trip from up north? It seems that it isn't being advertised as much as in years past. Is it losing some popularity?

2. Wow, that good? Maybe I'll stay home and save gas.

3. ScottB

ScottB SW Ohio

The WEBN Fireworks are not until Labor Day.

4. I know that. Lived in Cinci for five years in the '80s, when they still sold beer at riverfest. I like to get down there every two or three years to eat some skyline in oakley, get a burger from Zips in mt. lookout, ribs at the montgomery inn, mexican at El Coyote... I try to plan ahead to get a room downtown so I can walk back after the fireworks. Thinking about staying in Convington/Newport for the first time this year, if it's still worth going down for the 'works.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Went once, will never go again. The crowd was unbearable. Great party atmosphere, not a family event in my opinion.

I was on the levee in KY.

6. ScottB

ScottB SW Ohio

Sorry about that, I thought you were planning on coming down this weekend.

I haven't been down there since they quit selling beer. I've heard that they won't let you bring bottled water, or any kind of food down anymore either. Staying in Kentucky and watching from that side of the river sounds like a good idea.