Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be heading to Cincinnati this week Tuesday-Saturday to do some golfing and fishing before my buddy and I go back to school. Anyone have any tips for fishing the river down there? We wanted to do some cat fishing, as well as try dams if there are any in the area worth driving to. Also, if anyone has open seats any of those days we'd love to get out with someone who knows the river, will pay for gas/bait/whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
992 Posts
The Ohio River is going to be in Great shape this week for fishing around Cincinnati. I do NOT believe there is any place that rents out boats to fish so you will be bank fishing. As for bait You may have to depend on store bought items like chicken livers, shrimp or hotdogs. French fries from white castles work well around this part of the river.

Here is a link to a web page about bank fishing spots around downtown Cincinnati and EAST up to the Meldahl Dam
http://cincinnaticatfishing.com/BANKFISHING.html

There are 2 spot s west of Cincinnati West side boat ramp run by the city. The other is at the Old Fernbank dam lock wall about 3 miles west of downtown.
I hope this helps ,tight lines Norb

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have some frozen big shad from this spring I planned on using, along with shrimp and livers.
I'm golfing today at pebble creek so I think I'll try GMR tonight and see how that goes. I did bring some lightweight tube/twisters/craws for bass.

Thanks for the input ill check out those areas.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts