close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cincinnati Public Ramp??????????????

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by firecat, Feb 26, 2009.

1. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

If anyone is in the area today please check and see if the public ramp is open or not. I am heading down tomorrow and don't want to waste time going downtown if it is closed.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

2. Its open and looking good.

3. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Thanks Randy,

Now I don't have to worry about whether or not it is going to be open I just have to worry about catching bait. It shouldn't be too hard though.

Thanks again,

Larry

4. Larry did you get out Friday?

5. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Yeah I went out the wind was howling all of the creeks were flowing high. Bait was hard to come by. We caught 2 fish both small. But one was a flathead. The wind really made it hard to find the fish. Even the fish that I was marking weren't biting. But we caught some and had a good time.

Larry

6. Larry when i saw the river white capping in North Bend and wind blowing from the north that makes for some tough times on the river.Be glad you caught anything.I know two others out and both zipped.Can`t wait for warmer spring days to come.

7. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

I know someone who went out of Portsmouth on Friday and he just tore them up. Just goes to show you the fish are always biting you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Larry

8. Im hoping to head out this Thursday, yeah, it seems the area around Cinci just isnt a numbers area, some nice fish but definately not the numbers of fish that are upstream. Any thoughts on this guys? Commercial Netters??? pressure??

Salmonid

9. Its good u caught a couple larry:) as for numbers in our area I think it is pressure,too much food and netters ;) But what the heck do i know :confused: Lack of structure like other rivers I've been to doesn't help either : ( the big O has Many miles of flat bottom!!!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009