close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cincinnati Kat areas

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BowKat04, Feb 26, 2005.

1. I'm new to this site but love it already. Seems like alot of really nice helpful people on here. I live in Delhi and love to catfish. I've fished the county parks and the Ohio and prefer the rivers over the lakes. Anyone ever fish the river around sayler park area(fernbank park)? I went there prolly bout close to 9 or 10 years ago and me and my dad would bankfish it and we caught alot of big shovels and blues down there. Was just wondering if anyone else fishes that area in a boat. Also, has anyone ever fished around the power plants by Brower road down by cleves? Ive heard stuff bout warm water discharge or something down that way that is home to some huge fish. Hope to chat soon with someone. Later, Paul

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I dont know anything about that area, but I do want to welcome you to this website, glad to have another catfishermen on board.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Bowcat:
    Welcome to our site. There is lots of infromation here for you to enjoy. Please post anything you think would help our members.

4. catking

catking Banned

To the OGF site !!! The area in which you are talking about is indeed a very good area to fish for cats. macfish (Jerry ) is a catter also from Delhi that fishes the Ohio. In fact, there is alot of guys that post in the " Ohio River " section that fish the Ohio River for cats and do GREAT !!! mrfishohio , macfish, ufm82 (he tries :rolleyes: ) Ken G, jigger,Doctor at times,sliprig, fishyguy -these are just a few of the guys. mrfishohio has gotten a 62 pounder (blue) Doc just got one I believe around 57 pounds and truck fishes up stream and has a 44 .all blues . Maybe you will run into these guys while hunting the mighty cats ;) .By the way , thanks for registering on OGF .THE CATKING !!!

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Welcome aboard. While I haven't fished that particular spot, I intend to. I've heard some good things about it. We did graph it once, the fish wern't in that particular day. All spots change, you want to fish them when the fish are home, hopefully waiting for dinner......

6. Thank you all for responding to my post. I can't wait till it gets alil warmer out so I can do some night fishing on the Ohio. My cousin just bought a bassboat so I think my days of bank fishing are over pretty much. I've heard of some absolute monsters in that river I wanna hook into a few this summer hopefully.

7. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

What are you waiting for the catfish on the ohio are almost always biting. Some of the biggest blues of the entire season are being caught right now.

Larry