Cinci River Cats Tourney tomorrow

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Salmonid, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Anyone else here fishing this one?
    Saturday Oct 11th,
    Launching from Schmidt, 8-4 pm, $60 a boat

I know me and Mellon are teaming up and "RealRiverKing" will be there as well.
    If you are, please introduce yourself!
    More info?, send me a PM.

Salmonid

2. Hmm I will be there with wife and grandson but not in the tourney :) I will try not to catch all the cats before you guys get there ;) Good luck to all !

3. How did tourney go ?

4. Winning weights were 54 lbs, ( 5 fish limit) then 34, then 32 and then 20 and then me and Mellon with 2 blues for 15.5 and then no weights turned in for the 2 other teams. Ill reply when pics are posted on the BOC pages. Tough day, nice early, then about noon the wind and pleasure boaters turned the water into a nightmare of chop!!! I hate those idiots, hundreds of wm going down past us then turning around and running up a ways and turning around and coming by us all afternoon in there loud expensive boats!! WE need the temps to fall into the 40's to weed ot the weekend warriors!

Salmonid
    PS how did you do? I heard of a 42 lb blue taken yesterday in that area by a non tourney guy.

5. We ended up just catching 3 channels,largest right at 12lbs.We did our best south of cinci ;) You are right about the p/boaters things got real rough at times :(

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I love the PB's & PW's. We need more of them. I mean the more of those kind of folks, the more tax dollars that can be spent on upkeep of ramps and so forth, right ;) :p (Yes, that was somewhat of a lighthearted :T statement.)

I especially love the idiot that was driving the speedboat going 85 MPH (estimate) near downtown Cincy WITH A SMALL.... VERY SMALL CHILD IN HIS ARMS. You had to see this to believe it. I didn't see a PDF on either of them. This guy was a special kind if idiot. As a parent I wanted to sling an 8 oz sinker at him. #1.) I could never have hit him due to him going mach four on the water and #2.) I prob would have hit the kid.

Does anyone drive 80 MPH+ down the highway with a (aprox) 3 year old in your arms? I'm assuming no.... so I have no idea why someone would do it on the water.

I'm done ranting. :)

7. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i dont' know mellon that one dudes ritual was pretty freakin weird i kinda wanted to launch an 8oz sinker at him as well