Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to change the front release with a or18 release. I like the offshore release better than the ones that come on the tx44 boards and it would make teaching new guys that go with us one system. Any ideas?

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've done it and it works good.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Did you simply remove the existing metal clips from the church boards and attach the OR-18?

Reason I ask is this: I have a couple of Offshore inline planers with OR-18 clips.

I was just given a pair of church walleye boards with factory church clips.

I don't like the church clips at all so I have ordered a pair of OR-18's.

Looking at the church boards, the brackets that hold the clips are WAY longer than the Offshore brackets that hold the clips.

Addint the OR-18's to the church clips is going to make them longer still, so I had anticipated maybe having to cut the church brackets to make them shorter.

But would like to see how others have done it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you look on the back of the OR18 there is a hole. when I bolted it on the arm I had to drill a hole in the arm and put a small bolt through the small hole in the clip. this will keep the clip from turning on the arm. Only took a couple minutes and they work good.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I use OR18 on all my church boards.I tried the tx44 just too hard pull for me...Dont use them.

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
The Church Walleye boards pull hard so I couldn't imagine how hard the Tx44 boards would pull? What I did like about the Walleye boards were that they can handle a 6oz Rednek weight real well. As far as 3-4oz weights the Offshore's are the way to go.

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I really like the tx44 boards. They pull nice and if I am running 3 boards a side I use them as the inside board and they ride way forward of the offshore boards and dont get in the way when clearing the outside boards. They also work great for running 40 and 50 true trips.

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
526 Posts
I use em for the same reason walleye3. They ride way far up, and make a great inside board. And you can pull heavier inline weights and tru trips with ease. They are a bit on the heavy side, but if they are on the inside, you only have to reel the board in for a few seconds and then its off. Made my own tattle system for them since i cant find one anywhere thats made for tx44's. Its more for the trash fish than the walleye. Nothing makes me more aggravated then reeling in a naked spinner that went unoticed. Good luck with the boards.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I use em for the same reason walleye3. They ride way far up, and make a great inside board. And you can pull heavier inline weights and tru trips with ease. They are a bit on the heavy side, but if they are on the inside, you only have to reel the board in for a few seconds and then its off. Made my own tattle system for them since i cant find one anywhere thats made for tx44's. Its more for the trash fish than the walleye. Nothing makes me more aggravated then reeling in a naked spinner that went unoticed. Good luck with the boards.
Here is the flag system!

http://www.churchtackle.com/Product...cessories/Double_Action_Flag_System_tx44.html

Here is their lock jaw clip!

http://www.churchtackle.com/Product Pages/Clips/LockJaw_Clip.html

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for the link. Im aware there is a tattle flag system for the board, i just cant find it locally. Never seen that yellow clip though, why do they offer that vs. the one that comes with the board?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts