Christmas ham

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by boatnut, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Put a "paste" on a ham last night. Veggie oil, vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, pepper, paprika and onion powder. Wrapped in plastic and into fridge overnight. Put on smoker this morning with some hickory. Glazed near the end with mixture of dijon mustard, maple syrup and a little bourbon.
    I think it turned out to be best one yet as far as flavor. Lots of yummie leftovers and a bone to make bean soup with!

Attached Files:

2. Wow I can taste the pic.....

3. My sound silly when I looked at the pictures I could Smell it...Looks so delicious like it could melt in your mouthNOW I'M HUNGRY...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Now you've gone and dunnit. I have to clean my monitor again this week:D . All those great food pics are starting to leave a permanant streak on my monitor. Sure does look good, ought to be great for the morning biscuit as well. PS, If your muzzleloader huntin tommorrow, Where you gonna set ???:p
    Take care, MERRY X-MAS, and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

5. ...Wife just got up...Showed her the pictures of the ham..All she had to say was WOW, does that look good...Looks real moist...I told her after going through the OGF Kitchen posts there are a lot of men out ther that are good cooksKEEP THE RECIPES COMMING GUYS...C.L...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. AMAZING. That looks awesome! Any photoshop involved in that photo? Just kidding.

7. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Boatnut- Do you recall time and temp to heat this bugger through? I plan on doing one for Easter. This looks fan-freakin-tastic!

8. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I'm gonna guess anywhere between 225-250 for 4-6 hours.

9. I usually try and run the smoker at anywhere from 220 to 240. If you are doing a whole ham, figure on approx. 5 hrs but it's hard to pinpoint it exactly. I usually go by internal temp. Hams, since they are mostly always "pre-cooked", i take them to 140 and then wrap with foil for 20 mins to 1/2 hour to let it "rest" before carving.

you can get the complete recipe here-http://www.bradleysmoker.com/maple-bisquette-recipes.asp#5 scroll down till you see "maple glazed ham"

10. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Got it sittin out now... smoker fires up in 1/2 hour!

11. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Mine is smoked and done sitting in foil till "dinner" (lunch to me) I'll have pics up in like 2 hours.