Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ATAC Biologist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commonly see bass that have choked on other fish but a paddlefish... the catfish must have been swimming in the wrong place at the wrong time. These came out of a .5 acre pond.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
How on earth does a channel get into a plankton eaters mouth?? and then not get spit out?? weird......
Glad to see you back on here lucas, havent seen much from you lately, I imagine the spring busy season is slowing down now.
BTW, Im sending you a PM. Check it out

Salmonid

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Crazy pic! I cant believe something like that woild happen. The channel must have thought it was getting a big meal. What is a paddlefish doing in 0.5 acres? I dont know anything about them but would have guessed that they need significantly more room.

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Move over turducken, paddlecat is for dinner tonite!

·
ATAC Biologist
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A .5 acre pond is very small for a paddlefish. The former owner of this pond was an Ohio river fisherman and transported various species.

Another theroy is that the paddlefish died and the cat tried to take a bite in the wrong spot; got stuck and struggled to death.

Sorry I've been MIA. The fish business has been busy this year. The recent water temperatures have about mandated a slow down though.

·
Banned
2,976 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
wow i have never seen one of those in my lifee ....i had to wiki that thing ..seems they are a rare fish and illegal in most states to fish ..CRAZZY learn somthing new everyday ....its a shame that it thought that cat was food lol ..it musta been hungrrrryyyy lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
oh i read on WIKI that they swim with their mouths open soo it choked prolly by accident ...still awesome and a shameee any others in ur pond? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts