close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Choices...

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by IRONHORSE, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Should I get a Lund aluminum fishing boat or a fiberglass mult-species boat? Which will hold their value longer? I like both, just looking for the most bang for my buck! Thanks for all replies...

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

First let me say welcome to the site Ironhorse.

As for the boat choices, i would have to say that a glass boat would hold its resale better than an aluminum but thats just my opinon and what i have seen when looking for boats and checking nada pricing.

But its all in what you want in a boat. Me personally would buy a glass boat because by the time i get what i want in an alum boat i could have spent the same amount in a glass boat.

The alum will be lighter of course the glass will give a better ride.

Are you looking to buy brand new? check all the dealers there should be some good deals out there right now. if looking at alum crestliner makes some nice boats as well and the G3's are nice. as well as tritons alum and glass boats.

3. I am probably a year away from getting a new boat. I was up at the Dayton Boat Show over the weekend and saw some nice Lund and Triton boats. I currently have a '89 Glasstream 16' bassboat. It does the job, but I am looking to upgrade. My boat gets awfully cramped when I have 2 people in the boat. I'd like something a little bigger. I'll look into Crestliner and G3. Thanks for the input.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

It all depends. I prefer aluminum. G3, Princecraft, Crestliner, Lowe and Triton are all good choices. Lund of course, is very good.