Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Extremely limited shore fishing......the only public access shore fishing is usually choked with pads. Generally speaking u need a boat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone ever caught any white bass out of there? My buddy, his dad, and brother caught 96 white bass at Tappen Lake on Sat, so I fig they should be biting at most lakes, so I was just wondering if it would be better to take a short trip to Chipp Lake or drive the hr or more to Tappen....Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Noeveryones scared lol. No really in the summer it's a skiers and boaters lake. With no shore access and crappy residents yelling at you and wakeing you over it's a pain to fish. If you could get a canoe and launch thre off of lake road you can go up the canal and fish it. Like I said before good fishing for cats crappie, and a lot of cover problay bass. I wouldn't go for one species you'll be disappointed. But get out and try that's the only way you'll catch anything.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks :) I'm planning on trying to get out Monday morning for a little bit fig maybe ill get lucky and there won't be a lot of traffic.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well decided to go for it today....fished from about 9:30 to 2:30 and we caught a bunch of fish....nothing to write home about, a bunch of white perch (largest 10 inches) and gills one bass and a few crappie (largest 11.5 inches) that's the one in the picture not a good picture but I tried lol....very few boats out today but we had a good time other than trying to trailer the boat it wasn't cooperating lol I want to try it next spring when the cats are up shallow I think it would be a good lake for that time of year!
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1375744443.038975.jpg

Attachments

·
475 Posts
Got a few friends that have gone there and got some massive bass. They haven't gone in a while but when they did it was the spring and fall and they were runnning the pads with chatterbaits and jigs.

·
Powderfinger
7,781 Posts
I've heard of good pike fishing in the river, is this true?
I fish the creek from Rittman to Doylestown to Clinton. There are lots of pike in the creek in that area. I would assume it's the same near the lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts