close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chippewa Creek?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Saw Player, Jul 11, 2007.

1. I'm looking for some info on it. I pass over it on the 585 bridge every day on the way to work but I've never been fishing there. Thinking about giving it a shot in the next couple days.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's too deep to wade with no waders. They're not in my budget right now. I'm 6'4" and don't like to get too far past waist deep water.

I'm also wondering where there is a good spot to park. Not looking for secret spots or anything. Just a general idea of where to go.
    Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks

2. Sorry. didn't mean to put this in NW Ohio...

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

If, by chance, you're talking about the feeder creek. There are some huge crappies in large numbers around the structure. Have had several successful outings out there this time of year.

4. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

I grew up in Doylestown and know exactly where you're talking about - my old house is within a half mile of that bridge. Chipp creek always was a pretty much muck bottom and shallow. Numerous carp, mostly small but a few big ones and bullheads were about all that inhabited from what I remember. I don't recall any deep pools or other potential fish holding areas anywhere near that area. We attempted to trap it years ago but there was just too much muck to walk it at the time using hip boots. I also wouldn't eat anything I caught out of it - I think the old PCA corp in Rittman used to pollute the heck out of it.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I just typed a long response and I lost it. PM me and I can give you some good spots. I fish it alot in July and August for carp and bowfin. I would not wade it.
    Seaturd is right. I would NOT wade it.

6. HAve you tried Silver creek metro parks in Norton just before 21 make a left from 585 onto Eastern Rd. next right is Medina line and the park is a short bit down the road remember they don't allow Minnows