Chinese ATV's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishin' Coach, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

Anyone have any experience with these. Looked at a dealership out of Tiffin could get both kids starter 4-wheelers for less than 1/2 a used Jap ATV.
    Just wondered if anyone out there had any experiences with them...
    Good or bad?

Thanks
    Jim

2. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

What brand are these?

3. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

4. My brother bought one of the chinese ones from Pep Boys a few years ago for his boy. It was junk from the go and its nearly impossible to find parts when something goes bad.

5. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

My brother bought one just a few days ago. Not sure how it's gonna hold up, but if I were to buy one, I would get a bottle of loctite to squirt on every fastener. You know what they say...You get what you pay for. Good Luck to you and my brother.

6. I would suggest you stick with a name brand,but if money is an issue and there is no way you could afford it otherwise, get them. I think the main issue with the knock offs is reliability and servicing. I look at them as disposable atv's, run the heck out of them and throw them away. They won't have much resale value, like a brand name bike will. You can practically sell a 4 year old kids atv, for what you'd pay for a new one. I know some people who had knockoffs and had no problems, like was said before you get what you pay for.

7. i would reccomend getting one good one. The kids tire of them faster than you think and the resale on a quality one is great. My Dad bought my kids a Polaris 90 4-5 years ago and it is ridden by all three kids (6-12) with zero problems. Make it enjoyable and get one you don't have to wrench on.

8. bozz

bozz

I've owned 5 Pep Boys bikes and all have been excellent bikes. The Pepe Boys ATV has been the best one out of the bunch. Had it for 4 years and it was perfect. Baja 90cc ATV, out grew it and and sold it in perfect condition. Baja 50cc dirt bike was great for us and still have the 70cc pit bike again other than having to put air in the tires a few times its been a steal. I can crank a wrench and have not needed a part except for a tire tube once over 7 years of ownership on 5 bikes !!!

9. I know several people that have had them and have had the same problems most other people have mentioned. Maybe check craigslist for a good used one.