close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chilly Channel Cats @ C.J.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dinkbuster1, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ventured out to CJ brown reservoir today in hopes of finding safe ice and hungry Catfish. thankfully i found both! ice was about 7 inches thick and found the channels in one of my "secret spots" that i marked during open water with my GPS. i brought frozen shad and stopped by Krogers and picked up chicken livers and boneless breast to try out as well. well, thank God i stopped because i left my bait knife at home. however i did manage to chizzel a few peices of shad with a screwdriver. most of the fish came on the liver suprisingly. this was the first time i have used liver for channels on the ice and it outperformed Shad like crazy. think i got 2 on shad, one on chicken breast and the rest on liver. was using a couple rods tightlining with circle hooks and tip-ups with a "set-rig" i made up, kinda like a limbline with circle hooks. fish can only take enough line to trip the flag and then it locks thus letting the fish hook itself. on the tip ups i had a 100% hook up rate. managed 13 fish, nothing too big, in 4 hours. missed about 6 others on the rods while i was chasing flags. here are some pics....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like you had a great day. Nice post with pics. Enjoy the eatin.

3. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

looks like a great day. i bet fish out of that cold water will be tasty!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Nice Dink! Way to go man.

5. just got 'em all cleaned and bagged. not an ounce of Fat on them! yup, bet they will be VERY tasty! :)

6. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

good job man... we were a the marina bustin' up the gills and crappie yesterday evening, but never did happen to look out on the lake to see if anyone was there... have to try that myself before the ice is off

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Those look like some awsome eaters! Thanks for sharing the photos, particularly like the last one.

8. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Great job dink I just looked on the website today and realized you went yesterday. It looks like you had a great time. I am gonna have to try that soon.

Larry

9. i left you and another member a P.M., was hoping to see someone while i was out there. its amazing how much colder it feels when you are by yourself. no doubt will be up there again next weeekend.

10. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Cool hopefully I will be able to make it next weekend.

Larry

11. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Wow-Looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting!

12. Looks like you had a great time and some good eating to come. Usually in the winter I catch more cats on liver than I do anything else, not sure why, but they like the chicken liver.

13. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

Hey Dink just got your PM...(im really bad about gettin on the computer on the weekend!). Great job on slaying them cats buddy! sorry i missed ya that day...i was alseep unitl 3. great job...maybe we can hit it up again soon! 937-408-5567

14. Nice job Dink, Looks like a great day! Cant wait to wet a line!!:G