chicken breasts vs shad and stinkbait

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Hummel, Sep 26, 2007.

1. fished the scioto last night....

caught 8 channels...5-9 pounders ...then a 12 incher on the shad

7 on raw chicken breasts and 1 on shad stinkbait

other nights chicken breasts have been beating shrimp, bluegill, and chubs...

good night

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

hmmm all these posts of chicken breast catching nice cats intrigues me...

3. Sounds like a variety platter at Long John's. Can you tell it's almost lunchtime? :D

4. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

I caught this catfish on a cut bluegill at Hoover. I've heard that the more alive or fresh the bait, the bigger the catfish.
    [​IMG]

5. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

more alive, eh?

so what you're saying is we should be using LIVE chickens and that would outfish the chicken breast!?!!?

6. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Might be worth a shot. In the early 1900's, down by the Ohio River, they used to use live kittens to fish for catfish.

7. Too bad catfish don't taste like chicken...

8. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

"...they used to use live kittens to fish for catfish."

...huh...musta been a top water bite. Or, they were slammin' them on the first drop.

Let's be real...everyone knows that baby ducks can hold their breath alot longer than chickens or kittens.

9. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

This is true...Hard to believe, but true. Back around the turn of the century people would throw Jug lines baited with live kittens or large chunks of beef into riffles on the Ohio R (before it was impounded of course: you could actually wade across it in spots...imagine that). Anyway's as the stories go two men in a boat would follow the bobbing jug down stream untill something grabbed ahold of the bait and attempted to take the jug under, at which point the men would grab the jug and tow the beast to shore.

10. FINN

FINN Senior Member

bro i bet kitties would work on the muskingum but do they smell strong enough to gain their attention? heh maybe thats how catfish got their name. well id be down to try it on the muskingum, just supply the felines. has anybody used live rats for musky? i heard thats the best

11. i can see people using live kittens..