Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you prepare chick peas to use them as a carp bait? Thanks :)

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Simple! :)

1.) Put dried Chick Peas in saucepan and cover with Spring Water (not tap water).
2.) Add whatever kind of flavoring you like....usually just a little bit will do it. I will normally add about 2 TBS of vanilla when I'm using vanilla.
3.) Bring to a boil and boil for 4 mins. Turn off.....take off heat.....and let sit in that "brine" for 24 hrs. They will be ready to use then. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try boiling for 5 mins in tomato soup with a bunch of hot sauce- the hottest you can find. Let sit overnight. Rig on a hair.

Chick peas are a fantastic bait. Very versatile Pick your flavor- boil for just a bit and let sit overnight.

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
You can also freeze the left overs. Got this info from cwcarper. Anyways, I made some killer chick peas. I soaked mine in nothing but banana extract. I believe it was for a couple days. Just soft enough to poke a needle through them. They are VERY potent. Mixed a little pianapple oil with them the last day. THE CATKING !!!

·
Fishless as usual
392 Posts
Ok, stupid question time. What is a chick pea?

·
Fishless as usual
392 Posts
catking said:
Thomas, ya gotta get out of the country once in awhile :D JEEZE US !!!!!!! THE CATKING !!!
Now wouldn't the "Country" name be chick pea? I know what a Garbanzo bean is and I'm about as country as they come. Never heard of a chick pea though. Jeeze crapking, I mean catking, cut a brother some slack ;) ;) :p :D

·
Fishless as usual
392 Posts
LOL! Sad thing is, I believe you about that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts