close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chick Peas

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by traphunter, May 9, 2004.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

How do you prepare chick peas to use them as a carp bait? Thanks :)

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Simple! :)

1.) Put dried Chick Peas in saucepan and cover with Spring Water (not tap water).
    2.) Add whatever kind of flavoring you like....usually just a little bit will do it. I will normally add about 2 TBS of vanilla when I'm using vanilla.
    3.) Bring to a boil and boil for 4 mins. Turn off.....take off heat.....and let sit in that "brine" for 24 hrs. They will be ready to use then. :)

3. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

really an excelent bait ;)

4. Try boiling for 5 mins in tomato soup with a bunch of hot sauce- the hottest you can find. Let sit overnight. Rig on a hair.

Chick peas are a fantastic bait. Very versatile Pick your flavor- boil for just a bit and let sit overnight.

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Mike,

I've boiled them with BBQ sauce and hot sauce, but never tomato sauce. Interesting :)

6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thanks for the info. ;)

7. catking

catking Banned

You can also freeze the left overs. Got this info from cwcarper. Anyways, I made some killer chick peas. I soaked mine in nothing but banana extract. I believe it was for a couple days. Just soft enough to poke a needle through them. They are VERY potent. Mixed a little pianapple oil with them the last day. THE CATKING !!!

8. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Ok, stupid question time. What is a chick pea?

9. Chick peas are better known as Garbonzo beans.

10. catking

catking Banned

Thomas, ya gotta get out of the country once in awhile :D JEEZE US !!!!!!! THE CATKING !!!

11. Fastlane

Now wouldn't the "Country" name be chick pea? I know what a Garbanzo bean is and I'm about as country as they come. Never heard of a chick pea though. Jeeze crapking, I mean catking, cut a brother some slack ;) ;) :p :D

12. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! did cut you slack with what I posted :D Later Gator..........DA KING !!!

13. Fastlane

LOL! Sad thing is, I believe you about that!