Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite cheese?
I'm hard-core Swiss cheese, and Sharp Provolone, not the kind you buy at the grocery store, Italian stores usually have it.
I have been to quite a few countries and nothing beats the local cheeses. Most of the cheeses in the grocery stores are plain and bland.
For example Mozzarella and Provolone basically taste the same. I happen to know a bit about making cheese. Anyone can make Mozzarella, it's just whole milk allowed to ripen with some yeast.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Bryndza, made locally in many mountainous areas of Slovakia. Was introduced to it while there in 2013 and couldn’t get enough of it.
It’s a soft spreadable goat milk cheese, but often used in cooking local dishes there.

·
Registered
16,746 Posts
Middlefield Swiss, Brick and New York White Sharp Cheddar. Eat cheese every day.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
For snacking, we always have a chunk of Sartori Bellavitano in the refrigerator. The black pepper is probably my favorite, the espresso is a close second, but really …….they are all outstanding.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Roth buttermilk blue cheese stuffed in 3 green olives submerged in a dirty Greenmark vodka martini.🍸
American for grilled cheese sandwich. For swiss, Jarlsberg or Gruyere

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,607 Posts
What's your favorite cheese?
I'm hard-core Swiss cheese, and Sharp Provolone, not the kind you buy at the grocery store, Italian stores usually have it.
I have been to quite a few countries and nothing beats the local cheeses. Most of the cheeses in the grocery stores are plain and bland.
For example Mozzarella and Provolone basically taste the same. I happen to know a bit about making cheese. Anyone can make Mozzarella, it's just whole milk allowed to ripen with some yeast.
As a fan of sharp Italian cheeses, I'm particularly fond of Grana Padano and Pecorino Romano. Some of those are so sharp they feel like they could cut your tongue! But put a thin flake of it on that tongue and just let it melt into some of the most delicious stuff you can imagine!

Like Bluefinn, I like lots of different cheeses. At a wine dinner one course featured a French triple cream Brie-like cheese from the Loire valley called Pierre-Robert. It was, and still is, the most stinky foot cheese I have ever encountered! But, the chef had paired it up with a blue berry compote (think preserves), and the flavor combination of both of them together was absolutely incredible! I asked him how he figured that out. He said he didn't. He had tasted it and never forgot it!

Reactions: Redheads
1 - 20 of 34 Posts