close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Check this out!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LakeRaider, May 11, 2008.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

:) My daughter has just bought her first home. This was Dr.Grabowski,s home. It is in the middle of a subdivision and if you didn,t know it was there, you would totally miss whats out back. A beautiful 3 acre lake right out her back door. Very pristine. I saw fresh water clams and water snails. Arrowhead water plants. So clean its unreal. Caught lots of bluegills and a few bass today in the rain. Can,t wait to spend a morning on it soon. ;)
    Raider

Attached Files:

2. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

wow---thats awesome. Looks real nice. Congrats :)

3. New test waters for your high HP boats?

4. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

For anybody local, this was the old Dream Valley pay lake some 30+ years ago. There were ony 4 houses built around it. Absolutey beautiful. Incredible view and it feels like your on vacation. No storm sewers even close to it. All
    runoff feeding it is clean rainwater. Nice rock bottom. Bet theres still some big cats in there. And yes, my daughter Blair loves to fish! Too Cool!!!!:)
    Raider

5. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

LOL Nope, this is my getaway! First thing I,m buying is little rowboat for the grandkids. Raider:)

6. Wonderful setting you must be very proud of how well your daughter is doing. I have two children both with new homes near great fishing, the problem is they are both seven hours away. Son and two grandchildren in NC daughter and son in law Tn. I think if your kids move out of state they should have to pay you back for college.

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Another thing I noticed was, there are lots of red mable leaf trees around the lake on the hillsides. That will make an awsome view this fall. And lots of honeysuckle and blackberry trees around it on the hill sides. On the far end there are grape vines. My wife Red found this gem. The Dr. is a client of hers
    and offered it to us first. My daughter and her soon to be husband fell in love with it. What a find! The home is a nice brick ranch. I am very proud!!!!
    Raider

8. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

leupy, gotta look at this way. If I wanted to visit anywere in the U.S.- Tenn and NC are my favorite states!:) Best weather and fishing! And the nicest people. Raider

9. I used to fish that about 40 years ago. There was some older woman who ran the place. My uncle used to take me to a lot of paylakes...

10. Lake rader I agree Lake Norman NC, Percey Priest Tn. At least they let me take them fishing.

11. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

chadwimc, I only drove down to that lake once. Never fished it. I,ve been talkiing to the locals around here and they remember the old lady and there used to be a building with a little bar in it. Only served beer. I thought the lake got filled in. Forgot about it for years. I used to hit Folz twin lakes alot many moons ago, and Delhurst, Cloverleaf and a few others. We probably crossed paths some where. I grew up in Westwood. Raider

12. Beautiful!!!!That's the stuff the "American Dream " is made of! I can almost picture my little Tuna Can right in the middle of that! C'mon, let me dream a little before I'm kicked off that picturesque location and reality puts me right back in front of this PC!:p

13. Lakeraider,

How about Lake Nina? Angler's haven? Springdale lake? Lake Gloria?

14. Isn't he the pipe guy?(smoking pipes i.e., made from some kind of briar root?)

15. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

chadwimc. Jeez, I forgot about those. lol. Heres a kicker, the old Tanglewood lake in Hamiton is abandoned. Still there and looks terrible. Up for grabs!
    Stop remenicing and telling our age! lol Raider