close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

check this out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Justin S, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

[​IMG]

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THIS IS????

[​IMG]

ALL DONE, NOTICE THE SIZE OF THE PALM TREES, ANY GUESSES??

ITS A FREAKIN SKI RESORT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESSERT!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WHY IS GAS $3.39 A GALLON FOR REGULAR?????????
    SO THEY CAN SKI IN THE DESSERT!!!!!!!!
    FREAKIN UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!

2. I have no idea how you made a connection between a ski resort and gas prices.

3. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

THat ski resorts been built for years now, gas was reasonable when it was built....................

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

M.Magis, the resort was built in the Persian Gulf. I believe his statement is "we" as consumers paid for that resort with the cost of gasoline. I was over there in 2001 and gas was a quarter a gallon and everyone drove a big SUV. :mad:

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Don't "we" as consumers pay for everything?

Consumers of the products my employer sells pay for my house and everything else I own.

No one would be able to purchase anything if "we" as consumers didn't purchase products and services. You couldn't purchase your house, car, boat, etc, etc, etc if someone didn't purchase something from your employer

I personally find no fault with whatever they or anyone else does with their profits from free enterprise business.

I think it is kind of funny that many are after the oil companies for profits, which average around 12 cents a gallon yet the state and federal taxes average between 50-60 cents a gallon, up to five times as much income.

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

That thing was built a few years back. There's a lot more to Dubai than just oil. They have become a significant player in global real estate investment as well as the financial industry. It's amazing how a person can see a project like this and just assume it's based on oil sales from the U.S. when the fact is we are not the only country in the world that consume oil...!

BTW...Wait until you see the hotel they built off shore as well as the island sub-divisions that stretch out into the Persian gulf. At this rate you should get a gander in about 2-3 years...! ;)

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I understand the consumer thing. We have to pay for everything we buy, that's a no brainer. But last time I checked OPEC does control the price of a barrel of gas. So ultimitly the money goes back there. Have you seen the palaces these rich oil sheiks live in? We will never live in one of those. That money came from one thing only OIL. They have really no other major source of industry. If anyone has ever been in the Middle East you have seen two classes of people 1) extremely rich or 2) extremely poor. I agree with on the taxes though. We are being taxed to death. Oil prices control everything we do. The news last week said that the price of food is going up b/c of the price of fuel to deliver it is up. It's just hard on people. I guess we as consumers we are feed up and something has to give.

8. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

the new island they built is in the shape of a palm tree. with (OF COURSE)multi million dollar homes on it.dubai is where the money is at. we he he M.J.

9. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

first off this is an e mail that my buddy sent me and i thought it was funny, and i have seen the chain of islands that look like a map of the globe. also the point IMO goes to show the excesses of very few who profit from the oil compared to the majority of there countrymen who live in squalor, not necessarily in UAE but in that part of the world in general. consider the money that this project consumed and projects like it that you never hear about would have been better used to help so many people that are struggeling to make it one more day. Finally lundy i agree w/ you i do not care what people do with there money but i think that when you have that kind of money in an area that the general population is starving that it comes with a some social responsibilities, if you are getting filthy rich off the backs of people who want nothing more than to feed there families you might want to give a little back. Instead of building a ski resort in the dessert you could fly your private jet to one that already exists.