close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Check out this deal...!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hook N Book, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Why can't I find a deal like this...! :D

A New York man retired.
    He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last,
    and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.
    The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 years.
    The owner and wife both had died, and there were no heirs.
    The house was sold to pay taxes. There had been several lookers,
    but the large barn had steel doors, and they had been welded shut.
    Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn,
    and it wasn't complimentary to the property anyway, so, no one made
    an offer on the place.

The New York guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth,
    he moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn... curiosity was killing him.
    So, he and his wife bought a generator, a couple of grinders, and, cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn...............?

Go to; WWW.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm and start wishing you had bought the place.

When the picture comes up, click "index or next" to see all the cool stuff he unknowingly purchased.

2. I think he just made his money back and some. lol

3. That would be awesome!! What a lucky guy.

There was something similar the happened a few years back north of here in Michigan. Guy bought an old farmhouse the was leaning, foundation was sinking and needed LOTS of work. After he bought it he noticed between every stud space there was a slot cut in the wall about 2" long by an 1/8" about 6' off the floor. He started ripping out the plaster and literally TONS of coins poured out of the walls. The face value alone on the coins was $250,000. Turns out alot of them were sterling siver and collectable. I can't remeber what the total value was but is was well over a million. There was a picture in the paper of the guy standing next to a DUMPTRUCK full of coins!!!

4. How far did the house come up after the coins were removed? That's probably why it was sinking. :D

Either one of those finds would be great. Maybe I need to retire. You always hear about the retired guys that find this stuff. It's never a guy that's been working his butt off trying to make ends meet.

5. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

holy crap, he just got all that money and more back. well, he will not have to worry about money for a while. Oh i think i need a few grand, i think I'll sell this old BMW. lol

6. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

O.K. whats in the trunks of thoes cars???

7. could u imagine what jay leno would pay that guy for those cars, some of them looked like rares and could probally go for more than a few thousand, and most that were showed in the pics werent even available in the US, so that ups the pricing, id guess theres over a few mill in cars in that barn, ok so who has a old barn welded shut for 60-70 years and wants to sell LOL only if we was that lucky

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

9. Haha.......little late on that one hetfield...........but nice try! HAHA!

10. dang that snopes site anyhow. always ruins a good time! LOL

11. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

What's the world coming too...a fellow can't even dream anymore. :D

12. Well I went through 30 Google pages before giving up on finding the story of the coins in the farmhouse. Maybe someone with better search skills than I can find it???

13. Glad someone else uses SNOPES besides me.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Something sounded fishy when it mentioned a welded barn and no body ever checked in it. :p ;)