Ohio Game Fishing banner

Check out 3 year old Tori's 1st 'boo!!

867 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sevenx 
#1 ·
Folks,
Here are some (not so good) pictures of my 3 year old Tori's new "bamboo" flyrod & reel! Rod courtesy of dear friend Jack Hise...well known to all FAOLers, & Medalist 1494DA reel courtesy of another great FAOL buddy, anglerdave. The reel will fit fine (a little large), but it is not only the same model as Grandpa's, but a gift from another valued friend. Jack down-played the rod, saying he had a minimal investment in it (other than his time & thoughtfulness)........Bottom line is that Mastercard commercial....some things in life are priceless...
Two that come to mind are these wonderful gifts from Jack & Dave!!
Thanks guys!......Here are the pics...

I will post pics of Tori fishing with this outfit too.
Mike

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone! For me, the only thing more fun than fly fishing is watching & helping kids do it.

sevenx....I wasn't clear in my post, but I'm not Tori's Dad...I'm her Grandfather. She really has the fever. Last year, BEFORE she turned 3 in December, after several trips, she INSISTED that Grampa fish too. I broke out my 3 wt & made about 3 casts when I looked over to see her attempting "fly casting" with her 2' Zebco! I set my rod down with 10-12' of line extended as I started untangling her outfit. Next thing I saw was Tori casting my 3 wt St Croix LU/Orvis Battenkill LA with both hands on the grip...laid that line out too, then stripped it in. She actually caught a gill around 9". Now she'll have her own fly rod.

Folks...There will definitely be "action shots" before long.
Mike

#8 ·
Gotcha Grandpa, sorry bout that;). I believe you posted about her casting a while back, that is awsome. She could be the next Joan Wulff. I sure hope my grand kids catch the bug also. I know at least my oldest has it. She is very lucky to have a grandpa to be around to take her out and fish with. S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.