close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Check out 3 year old Tori's 1st 'boo!!

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by ohiotuber, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Folks,
    Here are some (not so good) pictures of my 3 year old Tori's new "bamboo" flyrod & reel! Rod courtesy of dear friend Jack Hise...well known to all FAOLers, & Medalist 1494DA reel courtesy of another great FAOL buddy, anglerdave. The reel will fit fine (a little large), but it is not only the same model as Grandpa's, but a gift from another valued friend. Jack down-played the rod, saying he had a minimal investment in it (other than his time & thoughtfulness)........Bottom line is that Mastercard commercial....some things in life are priceless...
    Two that come to mind are these wonderful gifts from Jack & Dave!!
    Thanks guys!......Here are the pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will post pics of Tori fishing with this outfit too.
    Mike

2. Mike

Tori has got to be "one happy girl"---It sure is great for good things that happen to kids---Lets see some smilin fish pics asap!

Mike

3. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Big Thumbs Up!!:) She sure will get some bluegills on it.

4. Wonderful Friends...Can't wait to see some action shots with Tori...

Dan

5. Beautiful...she is gonna be one happy little girl.!

6. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Very Nice, that is awsome. She will be following in dads footsteps for sure. Some great friends you have there. Can't wait for the pics. S

7. Thanks for the kind words everyone! For me, the only thing more fun than fly fishing is watching & helping kids do it.

sevenx....I wasn't clear in my post, but I'm not Tori's Dad...I'm her Grandfather. She really has the fever. Last year, BEFORE she turned 3 in December, after several trips, she INSISTED that Grampa fish too. I broke out my 3 wt & made about 3 casts when I looked over to see her attempting "fly casting" with her 2' Zebco! I set my rod down with 10-12' of line extended as I started untangling her outfit. Next thing I saw was Tori casting my 3 wt St Croix LU/Orvis Battenkill LA with both hands on the grip...laid that line out too, then stripped it in. She actually caught a gill around 9". Now she'll have her own fly rod.

Folks...There will definitely be "action shots" before long.
    Mike

8. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Gotcha Grandpa, sorry bout that;). I believe you posted about her casting a while back, that is awsome. She could be the next Joan Wulff. I sure hope my grand kids catch the bug also. I know at least my oldest has it. She is very lucky to have a grandpa to be around to take her out and fish with. S