close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cheap PFD?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by archman, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I just got my kayak and I'm looking for a place where I can get a cheap PFD. They were all around $60 or more at Dicks, and I thought that seemed high. Any suggestions?

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

joel, i think we have some at my work for 20$, let me know if you still need one. there is a Play it again in macedonia and akron, which ever is closer

3. What were looking at for that price?? Wally world has the adult size plain old pfd for 4.88. Gander had a 50% off sale for the vest type-I got 3xxx for 14 bucks!!

4. They were basically the vest types. Even the guy at Dicks who sold me the kayak told me I can get the PFD a lot cheaper somewhere else. I'll check out both Gander and Play It Again. Thanks guys.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Walmart has nice ones for 19:99-29:99

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I just bought 2 neoprene ski vests at wallyworld last week, and couldn't believe the price on em. I'd definitely check there while you're out man. If they have what you need, you probably won't be able to touch the price anywhere (I checked Gander and Dicks both, and they were much higher on the same vest).

7. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

bought my kid a neoprene vest for $14.99 at Sams club, and they had large sizes too.

8. Bass pro has some vests for 9.99 in assorted colors

J

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Archman are you going to be wearing this vest the whole time your in the kayak? If so you may want to consider what rooster said. It will cost you more in the begining but comfort will last for ever. If you buy one of the cheaper ones iam not sure you will be comfortable or have the mobility that your looking for.

10. Thanks guys, I haven't been wearing one when paddling with my friend, but I probably will on my own. Gander had some cheap ones for $9.99, but I think I'll spend a little more on the ones specifically for kayaking.

11. Hard to find deals on them. Skip Bass pro shop or cabelas. I think their prices are a lil bit steep! Wally's has them cheaper than anyone else around. I aint bought lifebelts in a long time.