close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cheap breathable waders

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by archman, Mar 20, 2005.

1. I've been doing some research on breathable waders, and it seems like they all come in the stocking foot style. Is this true? I'm looking for something around $50, with the wading boot already attached. I found some that said they are 3 ply, but I'm thinking that might be a little heavy for the summer. Any suggestions?

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i think there are a few .possibly gander mtn guide series. or try sierratrading.com or sportsmanguide.com. to see what they may have.

3. Give Dingo a yell he has some that are waist high which I really liked...

4. I seriously doubt that you will find book foot breathables for around $50. As you get into the realm of lower cost breathables the material and membrane become very thin and they don't seem to last too long before they start to leak. I went through two pair of the Orvis liteweight's and gave up and switched to the guide weight which were much more expensive. Orvis stood up to their guarantee and applied the full price of the lite's to the giude's. The guides are now five years old and performing like new. :)

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i use the cabelas warrior breathables. the boot has 1,000gr of thinsulate. used them for 4 yrs now for duckhunting and fishing. cheap is not always the best way.