close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cheap airline tickets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goodday, Mar 16, 2005.

1. looking for website that has cheap airline tickets.

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Give us more info. Where do you want to fly from and to. SOme airlines have their own specials on their own websites. I don't use a "budget travel" site. Frequently they aren't that accurate anyhow. By the time you add airline fees, etc. If you fly out of Columbus you can generally save money and you have more options available.

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Travelocity or Priceline are good bets. STAY AWAY FROM ORBITZ! They have had numerous complaints over the years and are not held in high regard at all in the travel industry.

4. Check every day, prices can change from day to day and sometimes even through out the day. My wife and I went to St John for our honeymoon and plane tickets to St Thomas, you have to fly into there to get to St John, changed from $390 to over $1200 in a 6 week period. Sometimes they would change from the morning to afternoon.

5. i'm looking for tickets to seattle in july. Would like to fly out of cleveland..going salmon fishing.

6. They just announced today flights from Akron/Canton to Denver. I'm sure you could connect to Seattle. Fares start at 99 bucks each way. Good deals out there....

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

8. Cheesehead Cory

Cheesehead Cory Displaced Person

Try www.qixo.com. They usually do a pretty good comprehensive search of most carriers.

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

10. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

alway try the airlines first us air has been real good lately.got tickets to rome for 480 round trip.orbits travelocity priceline were all alot more.as twistertail said check often and dont wait toooo long. :)

11. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Keep an eye on places like expedia.com and those sorts. They all tend to pretty much show you the same flights. Once you see one you want go directly to the airlines website and get it through there. I have been finding lately that 90% of the time the airlines website will save you another $20-$40 a ticket I don't know why. The travel sites like expedia and travlocity will give you a good idea as to who is going where and at roughly what price.

12. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

The reason the airline prices are a bit cheaper is because expedia and travelocity, etc jack upi the price a bit to cover their costs. Thats why I said see what airlines fly to your destination and then go shopping at the airlines websites. It will take some time and homework, but I pretty much guarantee you'll get a better price and expereince.

I fly every week.

13. Thanks for all the help. After researching all the sites the cheapest I could come up with was $371. In todays Akron Beacon Journal business section there is an article about the Frontier Airlines Big Daddy mentioned. The article quotes a price from Akron to Seattle round trip for $218. Frontier it is.