close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charter in Panama City Beach Area

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by bartada, Aug 6, 2007.

1. bartada

bartada Go UD!

Anyone ever go on a charter in the PCB/Destin area? Good or bad reviews please!
    Thanks,
    David

2. CaptNate

CaptNate Pro Angler and Guide

I don't personally know anyone in that area that guides...

But I do know a couple people who live/fish there that I could run some names by if you want me to check on them for you when you find someone.

3. I've done alot of fishing out of Destin.Always had a great time.Depends on when your going.Visit www.floridasportsman.com.

4. ScottB

ScottB SW Ohio

My son and I have done the 1/2 day trip on the Gemini head boat from Captain Anderson's Marina in Panama City the last couple years. It's pretty cheap, $40 or $50, and they take good care of you. We never caught anything big but we still had a good time. We are going to be down there next week and we probably go out with them again.

Last year we saw something pretty neat. The guy right beside us was reeling in a pretty nice fish, when about half way up, his rod doubled over. He fought it for a few seconds then it came right up. He reeled up a keeper grouper, except it was just the head! Something had bitten it off right behind the head. About a minute later a HUGE hammerhead shark swam up right underneath us. It had to be 12' long. Pretty cool seeing something that big just a few feet away.

5. bartada

bartada Go UD!

We decided on Capt Hank Charters. It is on the expensive side but we will have a 8 and 10 yr old so we wanted A/C on the boat. Here is the website:
    www.captainhankcharters.com . It looks pretty good. If i get some good pics i will post them. Thanks!

6. I just got back from Panama City Beach a couple weeks ago. Didn't get a charter but we stayed at the Long Beach Resort just down from Pineapple Willies. I did quite a bit of fishing from the beach at all times of the day. Just went to Walmart and bought a rod/reel combo prespooled for about $20. Caught about a 15" shark no more than 60-80ft from the beach around 430 in the afternoon. Also one evening around 7pm caught a whole slew of Saltwater catfish. I'd say 10-15 in the span of about 45 minutes. Biggest probably ran about 2 lbs. All fish were caught on Cigar Minnows and I waded in the surf about waist deep to cast out then just let the surf bring it back with an occasional tug to tighten the line. Good Luck on the Charter!