close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charlton Heston dies at 84

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezbite, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i always liked Charlston Heston even before he became the president of the NRA. he was in a lot of great movies and had a lot of great lines. one of my favorites is when he told clinton "we dont trust you with our daughters, we sures as hell dont trust you with our guns"(or something like that).

RIP CHUCK.

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Rest in peace, very good man.

3. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

a very good actor and a man who seemed to have a very good sense of right and wrong.he was a great representitive for the nra during his time as president of the organization;

In June 1998, Heston was elected president of the National Rifle Association, for which he had posed for ads holding a rifle. He delivered a jab at then-President Clinton, saying, "America doesn't trust you with our 21-year-old daughters, and we sure, Lord, don't trust you with our guns."

Heston stepped down as NRA president in April 2003, telling members his five years in office were "quite a ride. ... I loved every minute of it."

4. Soylent Green Is People!! R.i.p.

5. A Great Man! R.I.P.

6. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

A great loss to the NRA and movie lovers.
    R.I.P.

7. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

so who has dibs on prying the gun from his cold, dead hands?

8. i always loved the bumper sticker. charleton heston is my president. hahaaa. rip to the president.

9. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Great actor, and a great spokesman for sportsmen everywhere.
    :(

10. I agree...a great man and a graet rep/spokesman for the NRA and gunowners everywhere. Who's next in line? Ted?

Tim

11. uncle ted is the man. ive writing him in for president this year. hahaha.