Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the water at 7:30 AM. Tried buzz bait for 45 minutes with no result. Marking lots fish that I thought might be wipers so started to troll in line spinner. 5 minutes in and a vicious strike! I just knew there some wipers down there. Heavy fish on the line and finally I boated my PB ....Channel Cat ... of the year. Trolled the spinner bait for a while longer with no other hits. Switched to finesse worm and worked some of my favorite spots... 1 good bite that I fumbled. Stopped at a steep rocky bank and tied on a white hair jig. 2 casts and boated a good 9 inch crappie. Released. A few more casts and another crappie about same size. Maybe I can get something going so this one hits the live well. Several more casts and another fish about the same size..in the live well. Two hours later without another bite no matter what I tried, the fish are released and I am on the way home to supervise the installation of a new furnace. I was thinking about going again on Sunday but I am so frustrated should I go or not? Heck yes I'm going !!! Ain't fishing great ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Iv only caught one wiper out there, would love to get into em sometime! When i sthe best time to get those fish? I slaughter white bass and love those fish, but never really fished charles mill for them........ Go by it all the time, i have a bass boat so limited where i can go on that lkae cuz of the 9.9 limit.....normally fish p-hill

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some being caught on chicken livers. As the water cools, I am hoping to start catching some on artificials, maybe in line spinners, or trolling crank baits. I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hit the lake this morning. Had trouble getting anything to bite. Caught about a 5lb channel cat fishing a gulp worm for bass. Finally found a little school of wipers ( or a bigger school that moved on me) and was able to boat 6 in about 10 minutes on artificials First time this year !. Then they were gone. Not braggin size so no pics. Did see a 20 " plus wiper get boated by a guy fishing chicken livers. He said he got a 27" yesterday.? Any way a great way to spend a Sunday Morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts