Ohio Game Fishing banner

Charles mill

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  River Walker 
#1 ·
Want to fish Charles mill this weekend never have even seen it befor and would like to get all the info you guys could give me on it. Such as the best areas for bass? If there are weeds and structure in the lake? Or anything else I would need to know to find the bass in it. Thanks for any help.

#3 ·
Charles Mill is a great bass fishery . Iwould launch from the marina ramp . Most of the best bass fishing is in this area . I would just start at the point straight accross from the marina . Work around the point toward mud lake . The best lures to use would be a spinner bait , buzz bait and worms in june bug or red shad colors . Do not get in to close to the shore as there are many stumps out about 10' or so that can produce some realy nice fish . Hope this helps .

#7 ·
C-Mill is one of the best bass res. in Ohio, ask the DNR, they have data to back it up. From the marina go straight across to the point and then work north back up into that bay right by the marina. Another good strech is south of the boat ramp once you get passed the last docked boat there, right where people can fish from shore. Go all the way to that little cove it the middle of the res. . Lots of structure and deeper water. Good luck

#8 ·
All the spots that everybody have already mentioned are good,Phil is right on about staying a little back from the shore.In the area he mentioned,there's a lot of cover in the 6'-10' range begging for a 6" red/metalflake twistertail worm.Also one other area that's usually very productive for me,hang a right out of the marina area,you'll see the area on the right where everybody bank fishes.When you reach the cut that leads out into the main lake,don't enter it,instead go left(east) and head for the far shoreline.Fish that dock area over there with a white spinnerbait,I've caught several nice bass back in there.One last spot worth checking out,just at first light,or a little before,the rip-rap area by the dam can produce nice fish also.Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.