close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charles Mill tomorrow

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by topwater, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Anybody have an idea what the spillway will be like tomorrow? I would potentially be coming down from Medina, so I would rather not waste a trip if it will be un-fishable. Planned on going north to try for steelhead for weeks and I finally get a day off and the tribs are shot...

Thanks

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I wouldn't advise it. I live 25 miles West of there, and we already have near 1' of snow with another 10" expected tonight. They are in the smae boat, with 30mph winds.....not going to be much fun traveling tomorrow.

3. Deep down inside I knew that, it's just that you wait so long for a fishing day sometimes and when you finally have the oppurtunity it's the blizzard of '04, ya know? Oh well, thanks for the reality check.

4. tpet96, since it looks like you just might be in to carp fishing, I thought I'd ask you if you've ever been up to Hubbard Valley Lake near Seville? It's a Medina county park which holds some bigguns. I fish for LM bass there, but have hooked some nice carp on surface baits and crankbaits.. could be an interesting lake for you to check out

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

No, I haven't. Might have to check that out. Where is it located? Drop me a PM if you like.

I will likely be down to Charles mill 2 or 3 times next week (if the weather clears up). I'll check around for you and see how things are doing there. I would imagine the 'eyes should be hitting......just takes a smaller and slower presentation in the really colder waters. Most people I see down there just buzz their jigs for 20 mins......no bites.......and leave. :)

6. last week they were still bringing the lake down, so you might want to wait (the spillway was moving!!). especially with this weather!!

7. Anybody been by C.M. today? I wonder what it looks like... I would imagine fast flowing nestle quick