Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charles Mill Saturday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ranger4x4, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Well my buddy and I got dad's boat out on the water saturday for the first time in quite a while. One thing's for sure, I need more practice backing a trailer lol. Otherwise was a good trip, though we didnt catch much, 3 channels one wiper, I learned a lot. I have to get another anchor if I plan on tightlining, a boat with one anchor will keep you busy if your trying to fish on bottom lol. Also need to buy some more crawler harnesses for drifting, and I need battery and lights sometime soon. Too bad it looks like I'll be working Saturdays again for a while, but I should be back and more prepared next Saturday I have off.
  2. Sounds like you had a good time Nate. Hey I got a stern light free if you want to pick it up. Talk to you later......... Rich

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

How big was they Wiper you caught?
  4. Dad just got the lights, but we gotta install them yet, thanks anyway though Rich. The wiper was pretty small, and looked a lot like a sheephead, but we're almost certain it was a wiper. I fished Nimisila today from shore and it's settled, I'm sold on boating. Shorefishing pretty much sucks unless your on a river system. Can't wait to get back out there, I plan on rigging my poles up with a drift-fishing set up, something like a sinker at the end of the line and a leader coming off a little bit higher with a hook, something that will drift the worm just off the bottom instead of down in the muck. Or maybe an earie dearie or crawler harness, or maybe....... hehe having a boat opens up lots of opportunities. Well good fishing all, gotta go to the NE forums and post the day's results at nimisila.