close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charles Mill Lake?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mojohook, May 23, 2007.

1. I don't know if this should be a NorthEast area post but I know this forum best...

Anyone been to Charles Mill Lake. I'll be camping there this Friday/Saturday and want to try it out. I'm game for any species but I'd probably focus on cats if I'm shore-bound (wind/rain/storms) or bass (LM or Hybrid) if I can take the kayak out. Others too depending on recommendations.

Also, looks like there are a couple camp grounds. Anyone have a preference for one?

Thanks!

2. Swick

Swick Priority #1 Fishing

I used to live about a minute up the road from charles mill. I would suggest camping at the marina. Thats where most of the good fishing is too. Fish the whole cove there for bass. Make sure you go between the boat docks. For cats that cove is also good. You could either fish it from the bank, or you could drift in you kyak. I would try cut shad for bait seems to do best for me there. Say hi to the guys on the Miller Lite house boat for me. That's my best friends dads boat. You can't miss it.

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

fish should be very co-operative @ PL and CM right now.
    get out in the yak and get some saugeyes and crappies.

4. Thanks guys! It'll be interesting to see what this weather brews up there!

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

small front moving right now. should turn em on after this hotspell.
    beat the traffic tonight and get on the lake before you get swarmed.
    fish south west of 430 or if the fish are deeper use the access @ mifflin and stay iin the bay that faces 603 along the road.