Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During Certain Times, Fishing The Channels Leading Into The Many Marina's Can Yield Good Numbers Of Bass, Both Large And Smallmouth. I Usually Don't Have Any Problems As I Usually Hug The Banks As Much As Possible And Stay Out Of The Way Of Incoming And Outgoing Boats. Even So, A Few Times I've Had Some Of The Boat Captains Voice Their Annoyance At Me Being There. I Know I'm Not Obstructing Them, But I've Had Them Run Their Mouths Just The Same. Only Happened A Couple Times. Both Times It Seemed To Be Locals, Or Charter Captains. I Just Wanted To Get A Few Other Opinions About This. Thanks.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
As long as you are not impeding traffic I wouldn't worry about it. I fish the marinas all the time also and you will always have those guys that think you are in the way, I really think they are just jealous they don't have a trolling motor on there boat to do the same thing you are doing. Usually when these guys come by me, I always seem to have a fish on.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Interesting thread. Would think as long as you are not impeding traffic, it would not matter.

I trailor my rig.....maybe you do also. Just maybe......SOME people who pay for marina/dock priviledges (and that aint cheap) think fishermen are pests.

For what it's worth, those who have been least courteous to me at the docks and on the water......have been people in larger boats....and always pleasure boaters not fishermen.

Its best to be vigilant, avoid idiots......and of course, pray for them. lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, That's What I Did For Them, Pray, Lol. Yes I Trailer My Boat, Bass Boat, So It Is Easy To Stayout Of Their Way. Thanks Guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts