Channel catfish around e72nd

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Frenzi, May 19, 2008.

1. Frenzi

Frenzi

i was wondering if anyone knows any good channel catfish spots around the powerplant. i fish around the powerplant all the time and never have any luck on the channel catfish. I never see or hear of any people catching any either. Does any one know where to find decent numbers of Channel Catfish around 72nd..

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Tell me what kind of baits you are trying and the type of rigs you are using.

3. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

e.55th along the wall...use night crawlers and a crappie rig...just upgrade your hooks...caught one tonight...the only problem is that you'll have to sort through tons of white perch....you can also catch them down at edgewater on the concrete piers

4. BigG

BigG

Are there really tons of White Perch @ E. 55 now, if so what are they biting on?

5. Try using something bigger than a night crawler to get away from the perch. Cut bait or chicken liver for channels. Heck I'd even cut up a white perch and use it.

6. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

Edgewater in the marina is good or off the goverment pier I see guys with stringers of them all the time.

7. Watch out for the guy name marcus used to go by factual on this site…..wait a min Factual LOL:p

8. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

BigG there WERE white perch down there last night. i went down to the "wall" today and got 1 jumbo perch....i was supposed to go tonight but came home after work. if you go down to 55th walk the "pier" that seperates the lake from the marina...there will be a path through the grass...and you'll see people fishing all along the high wall. they were catching yellow perch on the lake side and rock bass on the marina side back there. if you are interested in catching white perch, throw a worm out at night....like i said, in the summer down at edgewater on the concrete piers, i'd catch alot of them. gimme a holler if you wanna meet up down there...i'll probably be down there at around 4:30-5:00 tomorrow...weather permitting