Channel Cat-Ching Today!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by catfish_hunter, May 12, 2008.

1. Fished a feeder creek on the Tusc River today for a couple hours with my girlfriend, We ended up landing 6 channels (4 for me, 2 for Billee) and 7 suckers...And each lost 1 fish...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice fish CH. What was the water level like compared to normal? And what were they caught on if you don't mind me asking?

3. The river has risen a couple feet in the last couple days we were about 80-100 yrds up a feeder creek, it was high and muddy as well...3 channels came on fresh cut shad and 3 came on crawlers, all suckers were on crawlers...We were fishing right between 2 log piles...

4. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

congrats on the fish

5. Thanks Jeff, Too bad I never catch fish like that when there is money on the line! lol

6. hunted

hunted i missed again........

congrats on the fish

7. Tried for channels again this afternoon for a couple hours...Caught one small one and had one get off right at the bank that was a couple pounds, also landed one sucker...
    [​IMG]

8. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

Did ya save the suckers to use as cutbait, Chuck?? Might be my second pick next to cut shad as far as cutbait goes!

9. Nah didnt keep any of them, I got plenty of shad, and if I need it I can get plenty of gills to cut up, I know suckers are a good cutbait I have caught alot of fish on cut sucker includeing a 38.5in Pike out of the Killbuck Creek...

10. Went out for channels again today from about 330-515 right off the bat Billee caught a small 16in channel, then I caught a nice bowfin probably 3.5lbs...That was it for the nite...