close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chain Saw carving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ken, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Ken

Ken KLN

Where in central Ohio can I get a bear or other item carved out of a log with a chain saw. That won't cost a arm and leg.

2. In Clintonville which is before Columbus proper there is a carver that also owns a lawn mower sales called, Como's .
    Once he chain sawed a Eagle in a tree for me at full spread landing for our Boy Scout camp. This was a few years ago and how it turned out took your breath away and still does to this day. He gets tree trunks cut by area cities crews , so these a no little displays.
    In all the works I have seen around by area people this man sure knew his stuff. Cost if I remember was 250.00, but the biggest part of the deal was hauling it to camp becuase of the weight, which I ended enlisting the services of a tree removal company. 100.00 + packs of some walleyes.
    But to this day, I wonder how many have had their pictures taken by that work of art. On many Saturdays you can go there and watch him work which that alone is something to behold.
    Maybe like anything else you get what you pay for, so expect to invest some funds if you want something good that will last.
    Hope it helps.
    I can't remember the name of the main street in Clintonville he's on , but just ask where COMO'S is and you'll find it by the carvings out front.

JimG

3. Como Mower Service
    3741 Indianola Avenue
    Columbus, OH 43214

(614) 263-2603