close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin Steelheading last Friday

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by MSmith2004, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Went to Chagrin river park on Friday in the afternoon. Went to a hole i've been fishing lately and once I get there take a look in the hook via polarized glasses, and see approx. 10-15 steelies holding close to the bottom. I start fishing with no luck and swimming right next to me has to be about a 3 foot steelhead. Anyway, stayed at the spot for about an hour and couldn't buy a bite. Threw everything I had at em. Mainly wooly buggers. I think my big problem was presentation. I've been fly fishing and I haven't exactly perfected line mending yet. They were holding right outside a fast moving water column so i'm sure my fly wasn't getting a natural drift. Since the water was so clear they probably saw me a lot too. Anyways, it's good to know that they are in there gentlemen...just a frustrating day not getting a bite and seeing so much chrome.

2. i bet seeing those had to get the blood pumping.:)

3. yeah, its tough right now. theyre there, theyre just not biting too much. I havent picked up one on a streamer yet this year. not even a nibble. saw several roll yesterday, yet couldnt get em to take anything.

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

the hot weather, low flow, gin clear conditions aren't very condusive to making the steelhead very interested in anything other than asking themselves why they entered the river right now...haha...

flash--------------------------------out