close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin Steel

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by joel_fishes, Mar 5, 2005.

1. How does the water look (level, color)? Looks like I may get a chance to head up tomorrow after all. I don't need your hot spot, just want to make sure I don't make the drive and not get to fish.

Joel

2. I drove up this morning to do a little scouting. The lower stretch was frozen, but Gilson to Todd Field was open with quite a bit of slush. I saw one caught. The water level was pretty low, and it was quite clear. At one deep hole at Todd Field where I normally do well I could see the bottom.

3. which do you guys prefer chagrin or rocky?

4. I live in Columbus, so I don't get up that much. I like the Grand and Conneaut the best, but the Chagrin or Rocky cut at least half an hour to an hour one way for a day trip.

Joel

5. The grand eh... Never even came close to ever fishing there...
    Guess I'll need to look it over at pool over the summer

6. the chagrin is ten times better than the rocky .there are more places to fish and a lot more fish

7. I use to fish below the rt2 bridge but I heard that it has been getting worked on and you can't fish over there is that true?

8. No luck on the upper Chagrin yesterday. Didn't even have a fish on and didn't see anyone hook into anything. Nice day, results stunk.

Joel

9. I'm gonna hit it tomorrow. I'll let you know how we make out...

10. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

is the north chagrin metropark considered a good place to steelhead fish or are the lower stretches better?

11. George, the lower stretches are much better, but there are some fish in the North Chagrin.

12. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Thanks Joel...we'll have to hook up sometime up there somewhere. I need to get some new line for my steelhead rod.

13. Went out on the Chagrin with archman today. Pretty slow. We each caught one and yes, Joel's was definately bigger than mine. His went over 8lbs. and if mine was between 2-3#, but hey, "atleast it was good to get out" :D :D :D I'll post pics soon.

14. Hey thats great... always good to get out man