close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin River

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing pole, Jun 18, 2004.

1. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

I was driving down Solon Rd today just outside chagrin falls and noticed a park behind the feed store. Did a quick turnaround and went to the parking lot. Water was very stained and a bit high. Through a few twisters and managed a few BIG chubs. Couldnt stay long as the boy was impatient. Anyone ever fish this area or quarry rock? Just wondering.

2. after reading this post i went to that same spot and caught a 3 inch bass hiding under a rock on a small twister.

3. fishing pole

Thats bette than the chubs I caught there. I went there Saturday night and caught nothing. Moved downstream aways and did okay. That area looks so good.

4. I've been catching a lot of smallies in that area.

5. fishing pole

What area and what where you using. Did you fish up or downstream? I am thinking of floating this on Friday. Can you put in under the falls in chagrin???

6. Fishing pole, I was just looking at some old posts and noticed this one. Sorry I never got back to you, I didn't even see this one back then. But I was fishing around Miles Rd and Chagrin River Rd. You can't put in here, it's too shallow.

7. fishing pole

most of the upper chagrin is too shallow to canoe. You need to put in below Gates mills if you want to canoe. Smallies have been good down there