Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Off the beaten path
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down Solon Rd today just outside chagrin falls and noticed a park behind the feed store. Did a quick turnaround and went to the parking lot. Water was very stained and a bit high. Through a few twisters and managed a few BIG chubs. Couldnt stay long as the boy was impatient. Anyone ever fish this area or quarry rock? Just wondering.

·
Registered
200 Posts
after reading this post i went to that same spot and caught a 3 inch bass hiding under a rock on a small twister.

·
Off the beaten path
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats bette than the chubs I caught there. I went there Saturday night and caught nothing. Moved downstream aways and did okay. That area looks so good.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I've been catching a lot of smallies in that area.

·
Off the beaten path
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What area and what where you using. Did you fish up or downstream? I am thinking of floating this on Friday. Can you put in under the falls in chagrin???

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Fishing pole, I was just looking at some old posts and noticed this one. Sorry I never got back to you, I didn't even see this one back then. But I was fishing around Miles Rd and Chagrin River Rd. You can't put in here, it's too shallow.

·
Off the beaten path
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most of the upper chagrin is too shallow to canoe. You need to put in below Gates mills if you want to canoe. Smallies have been good down there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts