close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin River Sunday 10/14

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Dock Time, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

I will be in the Chagrin tomorrow morning. Tinted Burgundy Dodge Durango. If you see me (not many 245lb black guys in waders in Eastlake), give a hollar. I usually fish close to the mouth this time of year. I will post what I come across some time tomorrow afternoon/evening. This cold has me smiling and it's definately trout time!

Dock Time

2. Where on the chagrin will you be heading? My dad and I are going to chagrin river park tomorrow.

3. Went up there yesterday and the flow was low to non-existent. The water was gin clear and I saw no sign of fish. I was in the lower stretches for about three hours and saw none caught.

Good luck to you both and let us know how you make out.

4. I walked from the Chagrin Park down to the Sccer fields and saw no fish. We really need some rain.

5. I'll be up there in a couple weeks Raliegh. When I head up, I'll let you know.

6. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

MSmith04, didn't see your post until now or I would have responded.

Carl-Looking forward to it. My wife is delivering another baby Dock Time on 11/1, so my trout season may be short this fall, but keep me in mind.

OK-Here is my report.

I was in the Chagrin at 6:30am, pre-dawn and got nothing on jig and maggot. One guy landed a normal 23-25 incher on jig and maggot about 8am. I switched to a small vibrax and had one hit, which I missed. I left at 9am. The water was low, slow and clear. There are trout in and they were rolling some, but weak activity.

I drove to 2 other spots and same low water. Nothing caught at Daniels Park according to the guy on the bank and SUPER low water.

So-I headed to the Grand. Got in at 10am and saw a dozen or so fish caught in the area I was fishing, but nothing big. I refused a brown trout egg offer from the guy next to me who had caught 12 today and went to "small ball", which is 6lb test, berkley vanish florocarbon, downsized my blackbird and depened my length from split shot to jig (6 feet from bobber) a lot and went to a 1/64 ounce with only a few maggots, instead of my usual glob. I landed a 30 1/2 inch 10.5 lb steelie which took a good 10 minutes and ran me all over the hole. Frayed me up real good in some rocks and I was lucky to land her. This was at noon.

Took her to Grand River Tackle and am now in 1st plce for the Steelhead tourny (until tomorrow anyway). Now, I'm off to clean my fish for dinner tomorrow!

We need rain and lots of it.... small ball!

Dock Time

7. way to go Dock Time! Nice way to cap off a slow morning. Hope all goes will with the little one. Thanks for the report.