Chagrin River Smallies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lightline, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Today I fished an upper portion of the Chagrin River for about 3 1/2 hours, arriving around 1:30 pm. I had no luck the first hour throwing a spinnerbait, lipless crankbait, and a standard crankbait. Switch to a 3" pumpkin tube with a 1/16 ounce jighead, worked extremely slow, after two cast I had two fish both in the 14-15 in. range. The next fish, maybe 10 mins. later, would have been the highlight of my day, a 29 in. carp that had to weigh double digits. This was the first carp that I have ever hooked in my life, I must have battled the beast for thirty-five mins. only using 4lb test, just when I was willing to concede defeat, he gave in first and I got him to shore. Just when I didn't think my day could get any better, I caught my two biggest fish, the first being 17 1/2 and the other 18 1/4 on consecutive cast. I ended the day with a 13 and one under 10 all on the pumpkin tube worked slowly along the bottom.

2. congrads on a great day on the chagrin!! and welcome to OGF

3. allwayzfishin

allwayzfishin just 1 more cast!!!

i went to fish the chagrin today as well...i went for some crome on the upper section above daniels park. i landed the biggest steelie of my life today on a streamer pattern that i tie. this huge male weighed in at 16.4lbs and 39 3/4inches. didnt have my digital camera but snapped a photo with my phone. gotta find out how to upload that pic as well as many other recent pics of some mammoth crappie and smallies. oh, i let the fish go to see another day! always practice catch and release

4. hey allwayz,
    I gotta confirm but I think your steelie might of been the state record!
    I believe the record is around 36-3/8.
    Kudos to you for releasing. Just confirmed- you would of had the state record.... 39-3/4 is a huge steelie! Upload those photos!

5. You can send a text message from your phone with the picture attached to your e-mail address. Save the picture to your computer, then go to member photos on here and click "upload photos" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I think we would all LOVE to see those pics!

6. allwayzfishin

allwayzfishin just 1 more cast!!!

got the pic saved in the puter, but not sure how to post it. members photos, upper right hand of screen then upload? dont see it? describe what to do again

7. Make sure you're signed in, then click on "Photo Gallery" near the top of this page. Once there, look for "Upload Photos" near the top of page in the blue control bar. It will be near the upper right corner of the page. Once there, follow the steps. Good luck!