Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Left dock at daylight,crawled west towards moss point,turned it around and trolled back towards the chagrin in 47ft,only pulled 9 keepers only 2 of them 5ers,tough current on them little boards in them heavy 4 fters

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I thought you would take break with that wind. Trolled past you yesterday when you were packing it up, I got four on worms and alot of shorts and junk. I'm healing my prioe today. Looks like Sunday before I get out, hope more move in. I could use a banner day.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I gotcha normster,i just cant get enough,wanna see if i can get 75 trips in this year god willing,,my few chagrin charter buddies were in there today and finished up early,even a few of our fairport friends were over by us,,,everything is going to change after these heavy winds the next couple days,the hunt will be on after that again, hopefully taking the twin 6yr old grandboys monday soo wish me luck,lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
We went out 6/15 around 4pm, charter docked near us came in and only had 4, so I figured we were in for a tough bite.
Water was 81 degrees (surface temp) at the mouth, so I was thinking it wasn’t happening inside.
Stopped and looked in 51’and 61’, looked like a desert on the screen. Water was still very warm for this time of year so continued to look for some better water temps.
Ended up getting setup in 73’ off Fairport, surface temp was 74, thermocline trying to setup around 35’.
Water was 44.5, 63’ down, very few marks still, but at least a few here and there.
Setup 2 riggers and 4 dipseys.
Landed a small W right away.
After a slow start had a couple hard hits and landed two steelhead, so kept sticking it out in the heat. Flies we’re eating us alive, no wind out there.
Thought that when the sun angle started to go down more walleye would hit and they did, nothing fast a furious, but made the fly attack a little easier to take.
Ended up with 3 chrome, 8 W’s and 4-5 throw backs, 2 sheep.
Did turn back West after a while and worked back in to 63’. More marks the later it got, but still only a few here and there.
Had to work for them but the silvers made the day.
Good luck to everyone out there.
Food Seafood Jaw Fish Cuisine

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I gotcha normster,i just cant get enough,wanna see if i can get 75 trips in this year god willing,,my few chagrin charter buddies were in there today and finished up early,even a few of our fairport friends were over by us,,,everything is going to change after these heavy winds the next couple days,the hunt will be on after that again, hopefully taking the twin 6yr old grandboys monday soo wish me luck,lol

Good

Good luck with the boys Monday ( no vidio game zone). Thet're lucky to have someone show them the ropes. Where is that cleaning station you;re at? Hope to run into you and seeing some big smiling faces.

·
Triple Trouble
58 Posts
Three of us threw every color erie deerie at them again this morning for 2 hours in the same area from 25-40 fow....plenty of marks but only 1 fish. Not even garbage fish were biting! The Express seemed to be struggling as well. Shocking as it seemed that it was the perfect drifting day with a stiff breeze and overcast skies just before some rain.....Talked to a guy who is at the same marina as me and he abandoned drifting in favor or trolling and was doing well. We setup to troll in 40 fow and it was on....spoons and worm burners off dipsies set to 30 ft down....ended just shy of 3 tickets. I think the fish just like to flip the script some days to mess with us!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Three of us threw every color erie deerie at them again this morning for 2 hours in the same area from 25-40 fow....plenty of marks but only 1 fish. Not even garbage fish were biting! The Express seemed to be struggling as well. Shocking as it seemed that it was the perfect drifting day with a stiff breeze and overcast skies just before some rain.....Talked to a guy who is at the same marina as me and he abandoned drifting in favor or trolling and was doing well. We setup to troll in 40 fow and it was on....spoons and worm burners off dipsies set to 30 ft down....ended just shy of 3 tickets. I think the fish just like to flip the script some days to mess with us!
It was a weird day, lot a marks shallow and no bites. Then a north wind started and killed the troll. shot out to 48 ft where I fished Friday and found good marks. Large spoons worked best using dipsies and tadpoles. Had to release 2 on clean-up..Looks like they moved east.

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
707 Posts
It was a weird day, lot a marks shallow and no bites. Then a north wind started and killed the troll. shot out to 48 ft where I fished Friday and found good marks. Large spoons worked best using dipsies and tadpoles. Had to release 2 on clean-up..Looks like they moved east.
How was the fish size quality?
Did the smaller fish push out into that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tried to take the grandboys for another shot mid morning, a little to windy for them,did a river cruise with them and park swings mid day,,,2 boats i know cleaned up in short order running big spoons in 56 early today,,,i took boat out 5pm myself and dragged meat in 42 to 44 ft towards shoregate towers willowick and trolled back toward river,,40 jets back 70 ft at 1.8 to 2.0,,,pulled 9 keeper size in a little over an hour,,,,couple 21"s and the rest around 18",,,couldnd get third rod in,,no shorts

21 - 40 of 46 Posts