Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Two man limit Monday with my son, mostly smaller fish in 57 ft. One hot bandet took 9. Went out today with a gym buddy and fish west bay 26- 28 ft. and was aple to pick up 2 man limit using spoons. 4-5 bigger fish the rest smaller size. both trips it took 4 hrs. running over small feeding pods. Hoping soon the big school comes though.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used spoons today, a few in close and went out to 34-36ft and tipped spoon with a bit of worm and it seemed to work better. Had to stay at 2.1 to 2.3 speed, Looks a liitle windy till Thursday. hope it stays the same, don't need 10 mile runs.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Used spoons today, a few in close and went out to 34-36ft and tipped spoon with a bit of worm and it seemed to work better. Had to stay at 2.1 to 2.3 speed, Looks a liitle windy till Thursday. hope it stays the same, don't need 10 mile runs.
i did the same think,it look like it work,but if you put right spoon out they hit that all time with any help.

·
Triple Trouble
58 Posts
Marked decent numbers at 37-40 fow just east of river mouth lake was like glass this am and jigged up two walleye before we started to troll. Spoons and worm burners on dipsies set near the bottom got us 7 more keepers and many throwbacks. Not a ton of action but a nice day to be out there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marked decent numbers at 37-40 fow just east of river mouth lake was like glass this am and jigged up two walleye before we started to troll. Spoons and worm burners on dipsies set near the bottom got us 7 more keepers and many throwbacks. Not a ton of action but a nice day to be out there.
Think you guys asked how we were doing trolling by. Yes it was a slow day, ended with 8, lost a couple. Lake was to calm, but still a great morming on the water. Be back Friday, they're calling for a west wind and hope it stirs the bait fish up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No shorts but keeping them 17 to 21 mostly,1 or 2 of those 25's a day,nothing real big,,,started late this morning after weather cleared 8am,skinny water was 2deg colder and no bait or fish for over an hour trolling.blew out past 50ft and trolled south,hit 45 and pulled 11 in an hour and a half,,,hope that skinny sets up again

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I beat them up pretty good this evening casting over by rt 306 in 30ft. Lost count on how many I caught. No giants, just your typical eaters which is what I prefer. Green Erie dearie was all I used today. Lil bumpy but totally worth it. Frying some up as we speak. Lol
Had to make up for East Branch. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts