close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin River 12/4/04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Got up this morning and headed to Eastlake for an overdue steelie trip with my son Nick. About the 5th cast, WHAM! Nick's blue and silver K/O Wobbler was hammered by the fish. One jump, a short run, then he turned towards us. The line got tangled in the jig/maggot I had drifting downstream, so I cut that line. I just told Nick to keep the pressure on him, because the fish was going to turn. I grabbed the net. The fish was at our feet on shore. With one sweep, I had him in the net! A real nice male, 28 1/2 inches, 9lb 9oz. Really hammered the spoon and was gill-hooked, so we kept him. Won't go to waste either.
    Saw several fish caught there today. Some on spoon, some on jig/maggot. That was the only fish we caught. Once again, he outfished me and I'm left to the task of posting the pix. Here you go....

[​IMG]

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Way to go Nick! Showin daddy how it's done ;)

3. Those are some nice fish!!!!! SOunds like you guys had an awesome day.

4. Great catch. Is that your first steelhead?

5. It's his second. First was last year at the Grand River.

I wasn't real sure what we'd get, got a late start. Hit the river at 10am or so and fished til 12:30. I'd say we saw 8 other fish caught in that stretch of river in that time frame. I could only imagine being there at sun-up for the HOT bite. Tomorrow should be AWESOME. Can't go though, I have a free Browns ticket and a big old tailgate party to go to. Haven't seen those guys all year. My tailgate friends, not the Browns. LOL.

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

That's a nice fish. I believe it is a fish ohio winner. Send in a form and your son will get a fish ohio award and pin. Nice going.

7. Big Daddy, You went there at the right time. The water is getting cold now and the fish really don't start to hit until it warms up a couple of degrees. I got three today and the fish did not start to hit till about 9am. I fished for two hours before I got my first hit. They hit on chartuce egg sacks . The water was a little cloudy but should be a lot clearer tomorrow.Real nice flow....JIM

8. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Great fish! It's amazing that he could even reel that thing in. Congrats Nick!

9. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

What a beauty.....and the smile on Nick is worth a million!! Good job Nick! I'm going with Archman tomorrow. Hope I get lucky and get my first!

Gene

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

nice fish Nick..
    big daddy almost have all the species covered now..he's a panfish slayer..his son's steelies snatcher..what next?? :D

11. LOL!!! All I can say Gene is be sure the drag is set right!!! Hook him up Jason!!!

Thanks guys. His Fish Ohio certificate is going in the mail tomorrow.

12. very nice fish there buddy!
    congrats!
    mat

13. one time when no one was catching anyting all day and on my first cast i caught a nice steely 32"

14. one time when no one was catching anyting all day and on my first cast i caught a nice steely 32" and it was on new years of last year to

15. I remember New Years last year. The river was on fire and then everything shut off about 3 pm.