close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Chagrin News

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TPaco214, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Any news on water condition and fish action for the Chagrin? Anyone fished it within the last few days? I jsut won some sweet waders on Ebay so hopefully I get them in time for this weekend. I'm pumped up and ready to try em out. Just need to decide where to go.

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

We were there last week, and it was running really fast... Here is a pic...
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of the Chagrin...I've always been an inland lake fisherman, and river fishing is a whole new world. What kind of fish would I find here? What are the best methods to fish? Live bait? Plastic? Hard Bait?
    Marcia

3. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

steelhead, smallies,rockbass,carp,suckers and maybe a walleye
    or 2 at the right time. And you're right it is a whole new world.
    Its easier once you know how ;)
    It really doesn't take long to learn who to read moving water
    if you learn from your mistakes.
    Give it a try sometime just get yourself a set of waders and dont
    get in deeper than your mid-thigh.
    remember a cubic yard of water weights 900lb.
    and its moving at you at. :)
    btw, if anybody wants to learn a little more about one of the best
    small rivers in the area just give me a shout come spring and I'll
    share what I can.

4. The chagrin and grand are great for steelhead from early Sept. to late April....it's like being in Alaska ..... big running trout, crisp weather....my favorite is too fish during a blizzard....it is and awesome sight and usually your group will have holes to themselves....some fly fish ... some chuck live bait......

During the summer we will put on old shoes and shorts and just walk the Grand for miles from Indian Point on up tossing small spinners and small mr twister tails.....lots of smallies and a few spare eyes...

steely123

5. chagrin??
    (This should have been reply post not separate_Doh!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can someone tell me where that pic was taken. that's not any parts of the chagrin I am familiar with?? thanks.

6. Reel Lady

Hi Chuckie,
    I took that picture last week. I live in Chagrin Falls, so this River is practically in my backyard :) These 2 sets of falls are probably 100 yards apart. Rumor has it that there are some nice big fish at the bottom of the big falls. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to be able to say that I caught one of those fish!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of the main falls. Chagrin Falls sits on the border of Cuyahoga County and Geauga County in the Chagrin Valley.
    Hope this helps.. :)
    Marcia

7. RL- I appreciate the info. I haven't been up the river that far. I know you do the "rod thing" from your posts-Presque, WB, etc. so I am truly amazed you haven't done the steelies next door! I know how it is, I lived within walkin' distance of Blossom for 13 yrs-never went there once! You kinda take things for granted! Go do it this Spring-you'll be "hooked"!! Garonteed.

8. I don't think too many steelies make it up that far. Most of them are stopped at the Gates Mills Dam. But hey, there might be a straggler or two up there.

9. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

I tried to fish under the falls this past summer and got chased out. Not before i took a few nice smallies though. Downstream looks even better. Police told me that it was posted but i never seen any signs and there is a walkway going down there. Couldn't really figure out what i didi wrong.

10. Reel Lady

ya know, come to think of it, I do believe that the sign that is posted by the falls says "No Swimming"...and I agree, it is a little confusing because you used to be able to go down the steps right down to the water... until they built that deck.
    Meanwhile, I'll have to take a closer look at that sighn next time I'm down there.. you have me curious... :)

11. I too lived in Chagrin Falls, built on Ladue now :) Those "big" fish below the falls are Carp. There are some nice holes down there. I use to fly fish for those carp when the river got clear. Just like bonefishing :)

12. Hey Rudder, what king of flys do you use on those carp?.....JIM

13. Big Brown Wheatie Buggers! :D :p

No disrespect to carp or those who angle for them!