close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

chagrin friday?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by moe1078, Apr 12, 2004.

1. I was thinking of heading up to the chargrin on friday. Just curious as to how crowded the river is during the day. If its to bad i may head elsewhere. Any info would be great. Also do you catch steelies the same way this time of year? just drifing jig and maggots through the holes? thanks

2. Dingo

Dingo

Crowds aren't typically too bad on a Friday, until later in the afternoon. Mid-day seems to be best -- but -- river conditions may not be the best for steelies. Went down to the Rocky this morning. Didn't fish, water was too muddy. Not terribly high (yet), but rather muddy.

Jig/maggots thru the holes will work this time of year, since many of the spawners are done and dropped back into these holes to eat a bit of a snack. I tend to do better using minnows over jig/maggot when using bait. The water is warm enough to also allow for use of spinners/spoons/crankbaits in the holes to let you work more area in search of active fish.